Healthy Stir-Fry Vegetables
Nothing beats a yummy stir-fry recipe. Period.
I know it, you know it, we all know it. It’s the perfect way to get in a lot of veggies without sacrificing any flavor.
I will even take this a step further and say that this is the perfect dorm room stir-fry recipe because it more than half of the ingredients are veggies you can keep in your pantry!
However, when it comes to canned food it’s important to view the nutritional information on the back and take note of the sodium content, which is something manufacturers easily slip into canned goods to preserve their food, however it isn’t necessary in such large amounts.
I paired this recipe with some pan-fried tofu (recipe coming soon!) and put it over a bed of quinoa. Before you make it though….
Bell peppers, like oranges, contain Vitamin C, a nutrient that helps support our immune system!
Iron is also found in bell peppers and helps to prevent anemia (a condition that decreases the bodies ability to transport oxygen throughout your blood)
While also full of Vitamin C, broccoli contains Vitamin K, a nutrients that aids in producing proteins that support bone health and wound healing (more specifically blood clotting).
Vegetarian Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 T. Cornstarch
- 2 T. Water
- 1/3 c. Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 T. Rice Vinegar
- 2 T. Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Liquid Smoke
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 2 whole Bell Peppers sliced
- 1 c. Broccoli Slaw
- 16 oz. can Baby Corn drained
- 8 oz. can Bamboo Shoots drained
- 8 oz can Water Chestnuts drained
- 1 c. Fresh Spinach
- Whisk together water and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside
- Place saucepan on stovetop over medium-high heat
- Add all ingredients (except the cornstarch mixture) into the saucepan and stir until it begins to boil
- Once it is boiling, add cornstarch mixture and whisk until sauce thickens, then set aside
- Add olive oil to a saucepan over medium-high heat
- Add bell peppers and heat for 5 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until they have softened
- Pour sauce over mixture and stir until combined
This Post Has 8 Comments
I loved your article post. Really looking forward to read more. Awesome. Josey Lorne Ortrude
I really enjoy the blog article. Much thanks again. Want more. Nona Brendan Costa
Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this post plus the rest of the site is also really good. Almira Ralph Carlock
Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this post plus the rest of the website is really good. Ariela Baxie Jaylene
Hi! I just want to give you a big thumbs up for the great information you have here on this post. I am coming back to your blog for more soon. Vitoria Jerrome Grider
Really informative article post. Really looking forward to read more. Kyla Hailey Peggir
Wow, this article is fastidious, my sister is analyzing such things, therefore I am going to tell her. Aridatha Ruy Sibilla
Awesome post. I am a regular visitor of your web site and appreciate you taking the time to maintain the excellent site. I will be a regular visitor for a long time. Pearle Hailey Maidie